A month has gone by and I’ve been meaning to list all the sessions I attended at this year’s International Society for Technology in Education. I saw so much in such a short time that I don’t want to forget it all. More important than remembering though, is actually using my newfound nuggets of educational wisdom. ISTE ran June 24-27 in my hometown of San Diego. Here they are:
- Flip Teaching Secondary Mathematics-Best Practices in Action with Jason Roy (awesome meeting him)
- Couldn’t get in to see the kickoff keynote with Sir Ken Robinson! The venue was closed due to being at capacity.
- Mobilize for Personal Productivity with Tony Vincent
- Becoming a Mobile Learner with Travis Allen
- Creativity is the Killer App with Chris Walsh
- Empathy: The 21st Century Skill with Alan November
- Beyond Googling: Using Technology to Build A Culture of Inquiry with Chris Lehmann
- EduTecher’s Web Tools Will Make Your Classroom Rock! with Adam Bellow
- Revolutionize Teaching and Learning with QR Codes with Derek Kaufman
- Technology and Mathematics: The Right Angle with Frank Sobierajski
- PBL Meets STEM: Delicious Main Course of Resources and Ideas with Michael Gorman
- Data Reveals Stories: How Students Can Use Data for Learning with Ewan McIntosh
I’m very grateful for my district footing the bill for me to attend. I also know I have a long way to become the teacher I want to be.